2019 ASSG AWARDS ENTRY GUIDELINES
- All entries must have been commercially released prior to the close of judging for the ASSG Awards in any given year. This includes cinematic releases, festival or VOD/SVOD. For the 2019 Awards this period is 1 June 2018 – August 2019.
- The same project must not have been previously entered into the ASSG Awards. This includes any episode from the same season of a series that has already been entered previously.
- Qualifying VOD / SVOD Platforms include:
- Bigpond Movies
- Dendy Direct
- Fetch TV
- YouTube Red
- All entries for the ASSG Awards must be submitted via our online entry form. Please note we will no longer accept entries that are not made through our online entry system.
- The person submitting the entry must be a financial member of the ASSG.
- The person submitting the entry will be responsible for all information submitted and alterations to the original entry will only be accepted at the discretion of the ASSG Awards Sub-Committee.
- The ASSG will only accept one (1) entry form per programme, so please consult with your Sound Supervisor, or equivalent colleague, to ensure you haven’t forgotten any names before submitting an entry. It is important that all names are included on the entry form. Please don’t submit an entry if you are not able to submit all the relevant names accurately.
- The ASSG will use the spelling of names as listed on the entry form for any press releases, nomination certificates, trophies or any other correspondence related to the ASSG Awards.
- The ASSG takes no responsibility for any errors in the spelling of names submitted through the online entry form. Please ensure that all names on the entry are spelled correctly.
- All entrants must complete the section in the entry form where it asks for the reasons why your entry should be considered in its category. This will assist the judges during the judging process.
- If there are fewer than three (3) entries in any category no nominees or winners will be awarded in that category.
- The ASSG reserves the right to change the category a project is entered into if it is deemed necessary.
- The ASSG reserves the right to reject any entries which don’t meet our eligibility criteria without further consultation.
- All data submitted to the ASSG via the ASSG Awards online entry form may be retained by the ASSG for future reference, excluding any commercial use.
- Entry submissions received after the closing date will not be accepted.
- If your project (Feature or Non-Feature project) is over 30 minutes in length, you will be asked to specify a 15 min section for the judges to concentrate on. The first frame of image is 0 minutes.
Feature Film Entries
- Any feature film, which has not been released before the conclusion of the judging process for this year’s awards, will be deemed ineligible.
- All feature film entrants must ensure the ASSG can access a DCP and a valid KDM during the judging process. This will include at least one (1) screening but could include up to three (3) screenings. The ASSG will screen these DCP’s to ASSG members who participate in the ASSG Awards judging process. Please ensure this is possible with your Producer (or any other authorised person) before you submit your entry, to avoid your entry being declared ineligible.
- Please note, feature film entries will only be accepted on DCP. No film prints or other media will be accepted.
- After the close of online entries, the ASSG will contact the entrant (or their nominated agent) of the feature film entered, to organise access to a DCP of the programme. The ASSG takes all care but assumes no responsibility for damage or loss to DCP.
- All non-feature film entries must be entered via Media Room by the date specified by the ASSG in any given year. Media room requires an Aspera download.
- Within the first week of entries closing, entrants will be contacted with a Media Room link or encouraged to log in to their existing accounts. A H264 with LtRt or Stereo audio ONLY must be uploaded to Media Room.
- If you wish to provide a 5.1 or 7.1 mix, we request you upload this separately and only as audio .wav files (interleaved or multiple mono). It is then up to the individual judge to download and sync the audio with the Stereo H264 provided (we make no assurances that anything other than the Stereo/LtRt will be listened to for judging purposes).
- The ASSG reserves the right to distribute the entered projects to the Award judges as appropriate in order to facilitate judging for the ASSG awards.
- Only the submitted Media Room secure link will be distributed to judges, who may download the project for the purposes of judging.
- The ASSG may use clips from these uploads on the day of the awards if the project is nominated.
Live Event Broadcast
- This award is open to all broadcasts that are direct to air (not pre-recorded). Examples include live sporting events or news programs.
- This award is open to all non-linear projects, videos or games that include some element of audio interactive computer entertainment.
- The various platforms include:
- Websites with interactive audio content (e.g.Children’s educational flash site).
- Web media such as promotional material (includes some level of interactivity, not just linking to external websites).
- Episodic web media (Webisodes only, not direct upload of a TV broadcast).
- Mobile games or apps (iOS or Android).
- Handheld games (PSP, PSVita, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS.
- Console games (PS3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, Nintendo WiiU).
- PC/MAC games.
- Do not enter multiple formats for the one project.
- All entries must be submitted as videos to Media Room. This is for judging purposes only as judges may not have access to the appropriate device to play the entry.
- Please capture a section of the project, no longer than 25 minutes, that best demonstrates the sound of the project.
- Multiple videos of different game levels are acceptable but please limit these to 25 minutes in total. Please make this one file upload only. (e.g. You might enter 5 x 5minute videos of different levels of the one game – please stick these segments together for ease of judging)
- Please provide copies or links to a copy of the work in the original format (where possible).
- In the case of games, a boxed version is required, if possible.
For any queries regarding these guidelines please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.