OBJECTS OF THE AUSTRALIAN SCREEN SOUND GUILD
ASSOCIATIONS INCORPORATION ACT (1984) NEW SOUTH WALES
- The name of the Association shall be the Australian Screen Sound Guild Incorporated (hereinafter referred to as “the Association”).
- The objects of the Association shall be:-
- To maintain, recognise, promote and facilitate original and creative work and achievements among persons and organisations involved in the profession of screen sound.
- To create, maintain, promote and facilitate high standards of qualification and performance among persons and organisations involved in the profession of screen sound.
- To encourage, promote and facilitate study, experimentation, research and other such activities into the knowledge, techniques, technology and other related and analogous matters involved in screen sound production generally.
- To undertake and promote educational, cultural and professional and other such activities generally to facilitate the professional and creative development of persons entering the profession of screen sound and those persons who have already entered the profession.
- To act as a forum for persons and organisations involved in the profession of screen sound generally in Australia together with representing the profession in liaising and dealing with other persons, government and non-government organisations.
- To represent the profession of screen sound in the television and film industries and other related and analogous industries and professions and to create a greater awareness and cooperation among persons and organisations encompassed by such industries and professions with the profession of screen sound generally.
- To contact and associate with persons and organisations involved in the profession of screen sound in countries outside Australia and to promote and cooperate in the exchange and flow of information, technology, cultural and educational programs and generally concerning screen sound production with countries outside Australia.
- To perform such other activities necessary, expedient or relevant to facilitate the administration of the association and the achievement of these objects for the promotion and advancement of the profession of screen sound generally and in addition noting that the association is a non-industrial, non-political, educational, cultural and professional body organised on the basis of being a non-profit association incorporated under the laws of New South Wales.