DPA Microphones launches 2017 Shotgun Microphone.
DPA Microphones has launched its new 2017 Shotgun Microphone. Designed to capture authentic sound with high directivity, clarity and consistency, the 2017 excels in challenging broadcast scenarios.
Find the mic at our amazing sponsor Amber Technology
The 2017 Shotgun Microphone is an extremely directional mic that combines crystal clear, authentic sound and stable, consistent performance under harsh conditions.
Its acoustical performance sets it apart from any competition. It has efficient off-axis rejection combined with an off-axis frequency response that is much more linear than most similar shotgun mics on the market. These are exactly the capabilities that result in authentic sound.
In addition, the 2017 performs consistently in a variety of conditions, like cold weather and humid environments as well as in generally harsh situations.
Finally, although the interference tube surrounding the capsule is quite long, the entire mic is contained in a shorter, lighter mic housing than many other mics that it outperforms. This makes the 2017 a practical choice in a wide range of applications.
- Accurate, clean sound from the primary sound source combines effortlessly with natural sound captured off-axis
- Extraordinary durability, with reinforced construction to perform in challenging environments, including high humidity
- Outstanding off-axis rejection for optimal isolation of the desired sound source
- Extremely directional pick-up pattern, with an effective interference tube in a compact housing
- Easy to set up, position and use in fixed positions, on booms and on camera systems
- Low self-noise, for excellent performance in quiet environments or with many open microphones